Battered Women’s Protective Strategies: Stronger Than You Know contains:
- Unprecedented application of Multiple Criteria Decision Making (MCDM) to domestic violence.
- A new strengths-based theoretical framework and the VIGOR safety plan.
- Help for domestic violence advocates who want to shift their focus to strengths and resilience.
- Touching survivor stories that challenge the assertion that battered women are helpless and in denial.
- A review of the latest innovations in safety planning and other interventions for survivors of domestic violence.
My new book, Battered Women’s Protective Strategies: Stronger Than You Know, is a departure for me because it talks about my own professional growth. I think about many things differently since becoming a mother, including the choices battered women make. I now think that a lot of the conventional wisdom about battering is wrong. The book is not just criticism, however. The book focuses on providing a new, strengths-based framework for domestic violence. I want to solve problems, not just name them. The book presents the largest range of protective strategies ever compiled, including more than 140 from survivors and dozens identified in research.
– From the Oxford University Press website.
Buy the book: